Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Playlist for August 28th, 2012 - WFCF Bella Voce

Howdy! Below is the playlist for my fill-in for Jim Goodell's "Bella Voce" show. Had fun once I got my tongue & brain in sync! Sorry about the Steve Reich - cd was uncooperative! I will begin my regular jazz spot on Tuesdays next week! Sept 4th from 3-5pm.


1. Richard Strauss - "Four Last Songs"
          Gundula Janowitz - soprano, Berliner Philharmonic
          Herbert von Karajan conductor.

2. Manuel de Falla - "Siete caonciones populares espaƱolas"
          Maria Barrientos - soprano
          Manuel de Falla - piano  (recorded 1914)



3. Jonathan Harvey - "I Love the Lord"
          Choir of Kings College, Cambridge
          Stephen Cloebury conductor.

4. Louis Morreau Gottschalk - "Escenas Campestre"
          Vienna State Opera Orchestra; Igor Buketoff - conductor
          Trinidad Paniagua - sop, Jose Alberto Esteves - ten,
          Pablo Garcia - bass


5. Antonio Vivaldi - "Gloria" in D Major RV 589
          Choir of St. John's College, Cambridge
          The Wren Orchestra, Dr. George Guest conductor
          Lynda Russell - sop I, Patrizia Kwella - sop II
          Anne Wilkens - mz sop, Kenneth Bowen - tenor

6. Charles Ives - "The Housatonic at Stockbridge"
          "Remembrance"
          members of Continuum

7. Hubert Parry - "Songs of Farewell" I-IV
          Choir of Trinity College, Cambridge
          Richard Marlow - director.

No comments:

Post a Comment